Friday, February 25, 2011

A notice from the Government.

Mobile phones, addresses, emails- The Government SURE does know my whereabouts and all my personal information.

First a letter is sent to my Grandmother's house informing me of my obligation to Military service.
Then an email notice is sent to me informing me of the date by which I must show myself at the Military Base. Next, a mobile phone message confirms the same, 10am in the morning of a random day.
These people KNOW how to get their message across. And I got it.

I have been called to serve 21 months of Military training and service.
Every able bodied Korean man has to. My turn has come.

I oblige and I surrender my time. My country is powerful, but small. My country would like to be ready for any outbreak of war. As much as we would like to join with North Korea and unite, we find it hard to trust their spontaneous and dangerous ruler.
I trust and believe my country does not seek to ATTACK, but to DEFEND. And DEFEND my country I will. So I go....off to the Military Base. On the 28th of February. 21 months.




Nothing in hand.
Ready for another chapter in life.

I am a Souldier, not a Soldier. I fight the battle of the Souls. My soul is my identity. And in this identity I dwell. And as a soldier engaged in Soul work.....I introduce myself to you - John Hwangbo, the Souldier.

May the journey begin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment