Sunday, July 3, 2011

Basic Combat Training Days.

Looking back at those good ol' times of Basic Combat Training- the training you have to go through for 6weeks right after you enter the military- I laugh,"NYAaaahahahahahahahaha"
For 6 weeks I was cut off from the world, thrown into an alien world with alien laws and regulations and codes of action, forced to eat food that was extremely undesirable, made to realize how 'TIMID' you should act with your superiors, taught how to be a soldier, taught how to shoot a rifle, taught the basics of tactical measures, forced to walk for 30km with a 20kg weight on my back, brainwashed with political shnit about our enemy and how dangerous they are and finally......forced to think like a soldier.



Yeah, I am a soldier. So what? Every korean man has to become a soldier for a 2 year time.
But I am still proud though. Proud to be a guy who will be there for my country in case the North Commies go nuts. Cus the thought of all the pretty Korean women getting involved in a thing as horrible and detestable as WAR, repulses me and I say, "NOooooooooooooooooo, not the girls you FRIKKIn COMMIES!!!!!" Ba Bam Bam Bam, Ratatatatatat, BANG! Pppf!(Mosquito in my mouth) Eugh!!!(Vomit) Aaaaaahh, I'm shot!! No wait, it's just me. Ba Bam Blam. BAM! (Head shot a commie) Pffffft!! (blood everywhere) EUGH!! (vomit)

Honestly can you imagine her getting shot? - Lim Soo Jung, ladies and gentlemen.

Oh how those days of training were so extremely hard! You just become a frikkin zombie, forced to do this and that and all sorts of things which don't really make sense. For example, our Platoon drill sergeant would command us to move tents to one place, and after we'd be done, he'd frikkin change his mind and tell us to move all that stuff to another place, and after we'd be done with that while cursing under our breaths, he'd then frikkin command us to move all that SHTUFF to our frikkin rooms!
We'd wonder how stupid they were. If you're gonna frikkin tell us to move that shit back into our rooms, why frikkin move it in the FIRST darn place!!!!!!!! hhahahahahha.
I assume they did that to let us know that we're just zombie slave laborers under a heirarchy of ranks and all military stuff like that. "We are told what to do and we just do it" - some army term we ultimately came to realize.

Anyway, those 6 weeks of shivering in cold and doing all sorts of training and labor paid off, cus I realized I had gotten really stronger. I can run, push up and sit up like a man! Want specifics?
1) Sit ups : 55 in 2 minutes.
2) Push ups : 49 in 2 minutes.
3) Run : 2 miles in 14 minutes.

HOAH! (American army slang thing)

No comments:

Post a Comment